Who wants to know what the CEO thinks are Levenger’s top 10 presents for Christmas? Not me, particularly. But I do want to know what our knowledgeable staff thinks are the tops because they actually know. So I asked them, and then added my own two cents, to bring you this inside information in time for the holidays:
Best of Both Technologies
1. Our iPad Mini Travel Case stores iPad Mini, smartphone, earbuds and power cord in a slender leather pouch that’s no bigger than a Kindle (which it can also hold). Coolness: It comes with a lining made of microfiber that cleans your screen while you do nothing.
2. With our Work & Play iPad Folio, digital technology gets even more useful because you mix it with heritage technology.
It puts notepad (a Levenger one, included, so you’ll get spoiled) and iPad side by side. Coolness: the Bomber Jacket leather, which will also spoil you.
3. Tap your screen with one end of our L-Tech Plus Fountain Pen with Stylus and ink a note with the other. The L-Tech is one of the few hybrids to pair a stylus with a fine writing instrument. Coolness: Are you kidding? A fountain pen and a stylus?? Yes, hold two centuries of writing technology in your hand. Both forms are really good.
4. Our Facets Pen has been a hit this year, proving that plenty of people still covet a beautiful new old pen, like this with its unending helix. Coolness: You can put Pilot G2 refills in this, which really expands how it can write—gels, colors, whatever. (This is a little known fact about all Levenger rollerball pens.)
5. Our Bomber Jacket Desk Set takes aim at the virtual with rich and textured leather Coolness: Give your fingertips a break from the glass screen and let them linger on this storied leather.
6. Our Stealth Laptop Messenger is streamlined and roomy at the same time. It’s just the kind of all-in-one that guys love. Stow a laptop, an iPad and a Kindle all in the same smooth leather bag. Coolness: Solves typical messenger bag hangup by putting two zipper pockets in the foldover flap.
7. Levenger elves have stocked our Bloomsbury Bookbag with a cache of reading tools. A perennial favorite, just a bit different this year. Coolness: This stocking is pre-stuffed.
8. Our 2014 Circa smartPlanner surprised even us with its brisk sales, which go to show that plenty of people still want a paper calendar. Comes with a bunch of paper apps that readily customize your agenda. I dig the bright thick paper. Coolness: a tiny perforated corner you can tear off and announce “Done!” Can’t do that on Outlook.
9. To commemorate this anniversary year of the Gettysburg Address, we created a Civil War train engine to bookend your books. Coolness: We made it authentic with the help of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum.
10. In 1610 Galileo published The Starry Messenger and forever changed the course of scientific thinking. We thought it was about time to bring it back. Our eminently giftable facsimile edition contains the rare copy of the original that the Library of Congress owns. This Levenger Press edition is scholarship made accessible and beautiful, and it’s not in the bookstores. Coolness: When I visited the Library of Congress to see some of the rare books we might develop into facsimiles, the curator said, “Would you like to see your books?” They are your books, too—it’s America’s library, after all. But it’s more convenient to buy this lovingly produced facsimile to keep in your home.
Want more? Click on our helpful Gift Guide. And let our Customer Service team know if we can help. Cheers!